Five Things To Do In Charleston This Summer
With the Memorial Day weekend and official start of summer just a few days away, we wanted to offer a list of suggestions for must-see and experience activities in Charleston this summer.
Here at Charleston Culinary Tours, we take pride in sharing some of the very best walking tours, culinary tours, brewery tours, and more with old and new friends. Read on for some suggestions, and be sure to reach out to us if you have any questions.
A tour of top Charleston attractions during the summer
- Live Music: There are so many open-air concerts and festivals that crop up in the city this time of year, you’re sure to find one to your taste. Check out the Lowcountry Jazz Festival, visit a festival dedicated to reggae, or check out Bands, Burgers, & Brews.
- Visit a Charleston area landmark. Summer is a wonderful time for walking tours and boat tours. It’s a great time to book a visit to the Lowcountry, historic landmarks, or to see local architecture. Not sure what to see, or where to book a tour? Give us a call, or visit our website. We have partners that offer a variety of tours to try.
- Take a cruise. Charleston is a city on the water, so you’ll have tons of options to choose from. Or, if you’re the active sort, we recommend that you kayak, head to the beach, or set sail from Charleston harbor. If you do choose to cruise, we recommend that you choose one that takes you past some of our amazing landmarks and/or to explore the local geography. Charleston is rich with both culture and natural beauty – the best cruises will let you experience both.
- Celebrate the Fourth of July. What better place to celebrate Independence Day? South Caroline is rich with early United States heritage. Visit a local celebration, or just plan to visit a local historic landmark. Our city boasts the very first U.S. golf course, theater, and more.
- Learn to drink like the locals. Charleston has an amazing craft beer scene. You’ll want to try local breweries, and all of the fantastic beer that has come out of Charleston’s rich and vibrant brewery scene. Not only do we have world class restaurants, but a heritage that informs some of the best eating you’ll try. (Have we whet your appetite? We offer tours to discover some of the very best beer Charleston has to offer. Visit us online, and then give us a call to learn more. You’ll definitely want to try our Day Drinking tour.)